This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: program executin times differ between gcc versions
- From: "John (Eljay) Love-Jensen" <eljay at adobe dot com>
- To: "Paul Moore" <slesuser at gmail dot com>, <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 07:18:11 -0700
- Subject: RE: program executin times differ between gcc versions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The performance tests are not of interest, since optimizations were not enabled.
Just as with profiling: profiling optimization-disabled code (e.g., debug compiles) yields results that have no practical value.
The compiler does not optimize when optimizations are turned off. And later versions of the compiler very well may have worse performance for optimization-disabled compiles.