This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: installed, compiled, how to link?


Unix must have been delivered told then.

John Love-Jensen wrote:
> 
> As far as I am aware, Unix only looked in the current working directory 30
> years ago if you told it to.
> Using the bash shell, put this in your ~/.bashrc file:
> PATH=.:$PATH
> 
I did a cat .bashrc and looked at the file. 
How do I see it's presence with ls?
More importantly, how do I use the bash shell to
put the current working directory directory
on the front of the path.
Why is it not an editor job?
What command do I use to see the current path?
Where is it stored?
Sorry to be so Ignorant.
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/installed%2C-compiled%2C-how-to-link--tf4006142.html#a11385510
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]