Re: Building only C++ libraries

Michael Helmich wrote:
--- Andrew Haley <aph-gcc@littlepinkcloud.COM> writes:

No.  Or, at least, it might be possible for someone
who is a real expert, but if you were a real expert
you
wouldn't be asking this question.

Andrew.

Thanks for your encouraging answer. I tried the configure option --disable-bootstrap and it worked well enough for me.

That is just a time and storage space 'optimization'. You are using the new compiler to build the libraries not the system 'bootstrap' compiler. The only thing you are skipping is having the new compiler build itself to verify that it is working properly.

It I were you, I would just bootstrap the new compiler and use that for everything. That way you would know that you have a consistent set of toolchain components (compiler/libraries).

David Daeny