This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: From what versions of binutils, gcc, and glibc did "--with-sysroot" become available ??
- From: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- To: Hayden Thring <hjthring at lavabit dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:40:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: From what versions of binutils, gcc, and glibc did "--with-sysroot" become available ??
- References: <1182342959.22725.ezmlm@gcc.gnu.org> <20070621123638.cf8d6b0f.hjthring@lavabit.com>
Hayden Thring wrote:
From what versions of binutils, gcc, and glibc did "--with-sysroot" become available ??
I may be mistaken, but I think it first appeared in GCC 3.4. It was
around the same time frame but earlier for binutils, and I don't recall
that option being applicable for glibc.
and can this command work with any of these three apps under a native build ??
I have never tried it, but it seems likely.
also which version of binutils and glibc would one recommend for gcc 2.95.3 ??
I would try it with current versions. But I would also use a current
version of GCC.
If current versions don't work for you. Try using the versions that Dan
Kegel's crosstool uses.
http://kegel.com/crosstool/
David Daney