This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

where did -minline-all-stringops go?


Sorry I know that this applies to older versions of the compiler, but I am stuck using them. I have been spending that last few days trying to use the gcc compiler to do some better optimizations since we really didn't do that previously.

We compile our code on Linux using 3.2.2 on red hat 9. That version of the compiler has the option "-minline-all-stringops".

So Now I've moved to our Solaris SPARC machine which happens to have GCC 3.3.2, but it appears that this version of the compiler had this option removed (as we compile with -Werror it causes a problem). I obviously removed that option for Solaris but I am wondering why that option was removed? Was there a problem with it and I should avoid using it with the linux version as well?

I do not have control over the version of the compilers we use ( :( ) so I can not make them all the same version.

I'm just curious about this particular flag and why it was removed.

Thanks


Linux Red Hat 9
gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.


Solaris 9 SPARC
gcc (GCC) 3.3.2
Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]