Re: Misalignment of local SSE variables in thread function

Tim Prince wrote:
> If your function gets a mis-aligned stack, that is not the fault of
> gcc.  However, if your gcc function passes a mis-aligned stack, when you
> use the correct options, that is a bug.
> gcc is more idealistic than commercial compilers which incur the
> additional overhead of adjusting the stack everywhere it is needed.

Ok, but how can I fix it - the thread is created at the kernel level and
the initial thread function has a mis-aligned stack which gcc doesn't
correct.  Do I need to add some assembly code to align the stack!?

> You may be missing important input because of your strange e-mail
> formatting; many people on this list will have blocked e-mail with html
> stuff.  I have tbird set to filter out html but display text.

I'm using thunderbird and am pretty sure I'm not sending any html, what
formatting problems are you seeing?

Jon