This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: DT_TEXTREL - how to avoid this warning
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: jarausch at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 30 Nov 2006 09:05:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: DT_TEXTREL - how to avoid this warning
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Helmut Jarausch <email@example.com> writes:
> (I believe) I have clean C++ code but g++-4.1.1
> emits the following warning during generation of
> a dynamic library (on Linux)
> warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in object
This means that you are including an object in the shared library
which was compiled without the -fpic option.