Re: Comments in assember output

> It should work if you also pass the -g option.

But I want the high level source with out the -g option. I want to see what
the assembly would look like with -O or event -O3. I basically want in the .s
file a comment containing the source code line and under it the generated
assembly code that corresponds to it. Something like what is possible with
VC++

> > The GNU assembler manpages do not indicate that 'as' knows this option.
> > Which version are you using?
>
> The option has been there for a long time, and is documented.  Look
> for the -a option.

OK, I see it now, was trying to search for the whole string -adhls as is.

Thanks.

--

Artur Szostak

Tel. +27 21 650 3356