Re: changes made to gmon-sol2.c not reflected after recompiling gcc

"Hari K. Pyla" <harip@vt.edu> writes:

>        I edited the following functions in gmon-sol2.c in
> gcc-4.1.1/gcc/config/i386 directory
> (i) monstartup()
> (ii) _mcleanup()
> (iii) internal_mcount()
> (iv) moncontrol()
> basically added some fprintf()'s,  changed the filename "gmon.out" to
> "newgmon.out" in create() and  recompiled gcc with the following
> options
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>
> The changes do seem to be reflected in the new build of gcc. Is there
> anything that I am missing. I appreciate you taking time to answer
> this.

OK, I'm guessing that you're missing a "not" in the first sentence of
the last paragraph.

The problem is most likely that gmon-sol2.c is not used.  You didn't
mention which type of host you are running on, but gmon-sol2.c is only
used on x86 Solaris systems.

On other x86 systems, including GNU/Linux, the equivalent code is
found in the C library.  On a GNU/Linux system, you will find the code
in glibc, in the csu subdirectory.

Ian