Phase Ordering of Scheduling and Allocation in GCC

Hi,

I am currently experimenting with superblock and trace scheduling in GCC
(using the -fsched2-use-superblocks option). In an attempt to get traces
with more parallelism, I tried to change the phase ordering so that
superblcok scheduling is done before register allocation. However, when I
switched the order and ran the compiler I got the following error
message:

bits.c:113: internal compiler error: basic blocks not laid down
consecutively
Please submit a full bug report,

So, the question is: will it be possible to do superblock scheduling
before regsiter allocation or there is a fundamental reason that prohibits
that?

If that's possible, any idea what changes I need to make besides
simply switching the order in which the two phases are invoked?
The above error message may give you a good idea about the problem.

Thanks
-Ghassan