This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Help for warning: type attributes are honored only at type definition
- From: "Rupert Wood" <me at rupey dot net>
- To: "'Francesco Montorsi'" <f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo dot it>
- Cc: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:53:14 -0000
- Subject: RE: Help for warning: type attributes are honored only at type definition
- References: <email@example.com>
Francesco Montorsi wrote:
To answer one of your questions:
> and I wonder if the patch referenced there
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-06/msg01511.html) does fix my
> problem, too. Does anyone know that?
> In that case, which is the first GCC version which will include that
That patch appears to be in the GCC 4.2 and 4.3 branches but not 4.1. You
could try a 4.2 or 4.3 snapshot yourself or you could build the 4.2 or 4.3
source from GCC's subversion and try that.
Adding a warning flag is relatively easy - just look for one of the existing
flags in the source and follow that through - but if you're building your
own compiler you could simply remove the warning line from your build if you
don't want it.
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email