RE: Help for warning: type attributes are honored only at type definition

Francesco Montorsi wrote:

To answer one of your questions:

> and I wonder if the patch referenced there
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-06/msg01511.html) does fix my
> problem, too. Does anyone know that?
>
> In that case, which is the first GCC version which will include that
> patch?

That patch appears to be in the GCC 4.2 and 4.3 branches but not 4.1. You
could try a 4.2 or 4.3 snapshot yourself or you could build the 4.2 or 4.3
source from GCC's subversion and try that.

Adding a warning flag is relatively easy - just look for one of the existing
flags in the source and follow that through - but if you're building your
own compiler you could simply remove the warning line from your build if you
don't want it.

Rup.