This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: loop in asm
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: ranjith kumar <ranjit_kumar_b4u at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:02:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: loop in asm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
When I compiled it by "gcc -Wall 1.c", I did not get
any compilation errors.
But surprisingly I got compilation error when I
compiled it by "gcc -O3 -Wall 1.c", I got comilation
error saying that label .JIT already defined .
It inlined the function, but also kept a separate
copy because the function it is defined in isn't
How to solve it?
You can use local labels, for example
asm volatile (" movl $0xFFFFFFFF, %%ecx;"
"0: loop 0b\n;"