This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -Werror for certain warnings?
- From: David Fang <fang at csl dot cornell dot edu>
- To: John Love-Jensen <eljay at adobe dot com>
- Cc: Erik <sigra at home dot se>, MSX to GCC <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:39:49 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: -Werror for certain warnings?
> > How is [treating specific warnings as errors] supposed to be done?
> Enable just the warnings you want to be treated as errors and use the
> -Werror switch.
> I do not believe* there is the ability to promote specific warnings (other
> than -Werror-implicit-function-declaration) to be treated as errors.
> That would be a nice enhancement to GCC.
It looks like it's implemented in 4.2. 
-Werror=blah (implies -Wblah)
-Wno-error=blah (only guarantees not promoted to error)
I know Erik is already CC'd on that PR, but for the benefit for anyone who
wanders across this thread...
> * Always the possibility that I may be mistaken.