This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Defining a CPP macro that defines a macro
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Kristis Makris <kristis dot makris at asu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 07 Nov 2006 11:57:15 -0800
- Subject: Re: Defining a CPP macro that defines a macro
- References: <email@example.com>
Kristis Makris <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'm having a hard time defining a macro that defines another macro. I
> tried escaping and using trigraphs, but they don't seem to be what I
> need. Is this even possible ? Or am I trying to do something I
> shouldn't ?
It is impossible for one preprocessor macro to #define another