This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc version compatibility resolution
- From: Tim Prince <timothyprince at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: aquarius60 <aquarius60 at socal dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 02:59:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: gcc version compatibility resolution
- References: <454D9FB7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tprince at myrealbox dot com
Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to resolve compatibility issues
between different versions of gcc.The only incompatibility you show is in the glibc; certainly, if it is
dynamically linked, ldd could show you more problems. If it is a 32-bit
program, there's not much you can do easily, beyond installing all the
32-bit compatibility libraries. The next step would be to install a
linux of the vintage expected by the program.
I have an older program that I'm trying to install on FC6 which replies
"This installation doesn't support glibc-2.1 on x86_64"
"rpm -qa | grep gcc" reveals gcc-4.1.1-30