Re: gcc version compatibility resolution

aquarius60 wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to resolve compatibility issues between different versions of gcc.
I have an older program that I'm trying to install on FC6 which replies with
"This installation doesn't support glibc-2.1 on x86_64"
"rpm -qa | grep gcc" reveals gcc-4.1.1-30
The only incompatibility you show is in the glibc; certainly, if it is dynamically linked, ldd could show you more problems. If it is a 32-bit program, there's not much you can do easily, beyond installing all the 32-bit compatibility libraries. The next step would be to install a linux of the vintage expected by the program.