This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Trouble executing an application that requires libstdc++.so.5
- From: Tim Prince <timothyprince at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: Venu Satuluri <satuluri at cse dot ohio-state dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:23:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: Trouble executing an application that requires libstdc++.so.5
- References: <454CC499.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tprince at myrealbox dot com
Venu Satuluri wrote:
An application 'pdemo' I am trying to execute gives the following error:
> ld.so.1: pdemo: fatal: libstdc++.so.5: open failed: No such file or
So I put in a soft link to libstdc++.so.3.0.4 to the directory the app
is in and called it libstdc++.so.5 and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include '.'
It looks like you should update your installation, e.g. by installing
the relevant g++ version from source, perhaps into a different path from
where your ancient version is located.
Does anyone know how I can resolve these 'symbol not found' dependencies?