This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc -mspe -misel


Hi Juergen:

As near as I can tell from the documentation, all of those options simply allow the compiler to generate the code, it won't necessarily do so unless you either write specific code, or you use a flag like - ftree-vectorize. Another possibility is that the compiler simply didn't find a location in the program where use of SPE options was practical/useful. I'd imagine that the automatic compiler use of these options is rather limited.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Blake


On Jan 26, 2006, at 1:45 AM, Frank Juergen-r58616 wrote:


Hi !!

I use the gcc for the PowerPC with the options -mspe=yes, - misel=yes and -mabi=spe all these nice option didn't show any difference to the compilation without. So my question is did I need to develop some special code for these option ( like use some special types for the SPE engine) or is something wrong with my compiler ?

Thank you  for your help
        Juergen Frannk

Blake Huff stangmechanic@gmail.com




Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]