This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: position independent code on MIPS
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: "Paul Kohout" <pkohout at evitechnology dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 16 Jan 2006 19:41:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: position independent code on MIPS
- References: <email@example.com>
"Paul Kohout" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> So what would a dynamic linker have to do differently using "-mabicalls
> -fpic -G 0" versus "-membedded-pic"? I assume that there would be some
> processing of relocation tables. Is this documented somewhere?
The -mabicalls case works with ELF. See the MIPS ELF Processor
The -membedded-pic case works with a very simpleminded format I
designed a long time ago.