Re: Can collect2 just generate the c file?

Hi Perry,

> collect2 runs through the list of files to link and collects the
> constructors and destructors.  It then makes a c file of those items,
> compiles it, then calls ld again with the original list of objects
> plus the new object.  I'd like to stop before the second call to ld
> is made.  (I'm looking at the source now and I don't see that option).

Ahh, okay.  Yes, your original question was not clear that you wanted to
stop there, and capture this collect2 temporary file for constructors.

I do not know the options for collect2 (I presume many of them are the same
as the linker, since collect2 mimics the linker in many respects), and I
cannot find a collect2 man page via Google.

I recommend looking at it's source.

HTH,
--Eljay