This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Can collect2 just generate the c file?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Perry Smith <pedz at easesoftware dot net>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 13 Jan 2006 08:26:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: Can collect2 just generate the c file?
- References: <1A70212C-F9FB-4358-B5E9-93F88F8788DE@easesoftware.net>
Perry Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Can I call g++ with arguments so that it will generate the source
> file (I assume it is a .c file) and then stop.
> I want to call the linker myself. I think that is going to be easier
> to do in my situation.
g++ does not generate C code. It translates directly from C++ to
You can get the assembler code with -S, or the assembler output with
-c. Using -c will give you a .o file which you can use to call the