This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: m88k in cross compilation
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Palmax Maverick <palmax at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 Dec 2005 12:09:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: m88k in cross compilation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Palmax Maverick <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I want to cross compile to m88k from my x86 computer with GNU/Debian stable.
> I read your manual and I think that I have to compile gcc with
> "--target=m88k" flag, because I don't find any debian package for do
Note that m88k support was removed from gcc as of the 3.4 release.
The last release to support the m88k was 3.3.
> I'm a newbie in gcc compilations and I don't want to delete my basic
> gcc installation, and I don't know how can I separate these 2
By default they will not conflict. You can ensure it by using
--prefix when you configure the cross-compiler.