This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for ac/c++ program using gcc?
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at qwest dot net>
- Cc: "E. Weddington" <ericw at evcohs dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 17:33:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Is there a way to generate a cross reference listing for ac/c++ program using gcc?
- References: <001501c557e7$114c4480$d5c60443@oemcomputer> <4284FA88.email@example.com> <003101c557f4$e7249be0$cdc10443@oemcomputer>
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 14:49 -0500, Paul Albrecht wrote:
> Eric writes:
> > -Wl,-Map=mapfile.map,--cref
> I'm not looking for a cross-reference from a symbol to its memory location
> in linked file, rather a cross-reference from a symbol definition in a
> program source file to its line number references in all the program source
It's probably easiest to snarf that from the debug information produced
in the executable with -g.