This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc version 2.8.1 compilation problem
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Paresh Pandya <pv_pandya at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 May 2005 16:55:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: gcc version 2.8.1 compilation problem
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paresh Pandya <email@example.com> writes:
> I am using gcc version 2.8.1 on HP-UX B.11.11. I am
> trying to compile my ÂCÂ program with 64-bit version
> library. It gives following error:
> Not a valid library (invalid magic number). Possibly a
> 64-bit PA archive library (Mismatched ABI).
> Is gcc 2.8.1 support 64-bit version? How can I compile
> with 64-bit version library?
It's extremely unlikely that you got that error from gcc. It is much
more likely that you got the error from the linker.
Current versions of gcc does appear to support 64-bit code on HP-UX.
gcc 2.8.1 is very very old--it was released in March 1998, over 7
years ago. I don't know whether it supported 64-bit HP-UX code. The
current version of gcc is 4.0.