This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: hppa*-hp-hpux10 configure question
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Bob Rossi <bob at brasko dot net>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 03 May 2005 11:56:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: hppa*-hp-hpux10 configure question
- References: <20050503155141.GD24609@white>
Bob Rossi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This page, http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#hppa-hp-hpux10
> says that hppa*-hp-hpux10 needs a new binutils package. I downloaded
> binutils-2.15 and when I configure binutils, it says,
> checking for a BSD compatible install... ../binutils-2.15/install-sh -c
> *** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
> (Any other directories should still work fine.)
> Is this OK? Do I need the ld to get gcc4 to compile on this machine? or
> did I just need other packages from binutils?
That is OK. The important thing is the assembler.