This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about C++ functinos and __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx
- From: Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay at adobe dot com>
- To: gkajmowi at tbaytel dot net, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 02:18:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: Question about C++ functinos and __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I believe the __i686.get_pc_thunk.bx call puts the PC (program counter) into the general purpose BX register.
Why it does that, I'm not sure. It may have to do with constructors of an object that are leaf classes, versus inherited as a base class.
And if it can (or should) be disabled, and (if so) how to do that... I don't know.