Re: Regarding gcc installation

Venkat Narayana wrote:

Hi,
  I configured the gcc compiler and issued make bootstrap command.
How to check whether my gcc version is installed or not ? When tried with
gcc -v ,it is showing the earlier installed version only...

Many Thanks,
Venkat.

you have to do make install after that and it will get installed into /usr/local/bin if you have not specified --prefix on configure
HTH

--
Khem Raj
MontaVista Software Inc.