installing gcc

Hi,

I've just installed gcc3.3.2 in mandrake 10.0. I used
the binary available at gcc.gnu.org.
There is docs about building from sources but not
about installing from binary. Any way during the
installation process i had no error messages. I just
to know how to use gcc now.
i added to the .bash_profile os user but it does not
work. Please tell me how to do in detail what to do as
i'm not very familiar with linux.

Thanks