Problem with gimple

Sir,
there is something which i would like to point out
There is no declaration of a structure in GIMPLE
For eg
if the C file has
struct a
{
int x,y;
};

the corrosponding GIMPLE representation is just
typedef struct a struct struct a
(even if the typedef is not present in the C file !!!)

Another thing is that in a function declaration the type of the parameters is not specified in
gimple
I am currently working with the IIT (indian institute of technology) Powai
The aim of my project is to incorporate this information in the gimple file
If u could please guide me a little on this i would be highly grateful

thank you
Rohan Shah