This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Question about passing 'make check' - is it necessary to pass alltests before using GCC?
- From: Stephen Torri <storri at torri dot org>
- To: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:12:58 -0500
- Subject: Question about passing 'make check' - is it necessary to pass alltests before using GCC?
I was wondering about the necessity to pass all the tests executed as a
part of 'make check'? Gentoo has a emerge flag call maketest which will
run 'make check' on all packages that its applicable when building a new
package. Well I have been trying to run make check on GCC 4.0 20050319
(prerelease) and so far gcc.c-torture/compile/20011119-2.c has failed.
Will I run into problems if I use a build of GCC 3.3, 3.4 or 4.x that
does not pass all the tests?
Stephen