This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Problem compiling gcc-3.4.2 on HP-UX 11.11
- From: "H.LEMOINE" <lemoine at free dot fr>
- To: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:33:51 +0100
- Subject: Problem compiling gcc-3.4.2 on HP-UX 11.11
Hi,
I try to compile gcc-3.4.2 source package from gcc.gnu.org on HP-UX
11.11.0406.5 with Bundle Patch of June 2004.
binutils-2.15, libtool-1.5.14, autoconf-2.59, gmake-3.80 are coming from
Software Porting And Archive Center For HP-UX,
When compiling, I've got the following error :
TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT="" \
HEADERS="ansidecl.h" DEFINES="" \
/bin/sh ../../gcc/gcc/mkconfig.sh tconfig.h
./xgcc -B./ -B/usr/local/gcc-3.4.2/hppa64-hp-hpux11.11/bin/ -isystem
/usr/local/gcc-3.4.2/hppa64-hp-hpux11.11/include -isystem
/usr/local/gcc-3.4.2/hppa64-hp-hpux11.11/sys-include -L/bosix/tools/obj/gcc/
../ld -O2 -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing
-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -isystem
./include -I. -I. -I../../gcc/gcc -I../../gcc/gcc/. -I../../gcc/gcc/../incl
ude -g0 -finhibit-size-directive -fno-inline-functions -fno-exceptions -fn
o-zero-initialized-in-bss -fno-unit-at-a-time \
-c ../../gcc/gcc/crtstuff.c -DCRT_BEGIN \
-o crtbegin.o
/var/tmp//ccYe04wJ.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp//ccYe04wJ.s:2: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.section'
/var/tmp//ccYe04wJ.s:3: Fatal error: Not in a space.
gmake[2]: *** [crtbegin.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/bosix/tools/build/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/bosix/tools/build/gcc'
gmake: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
$ ls /var/tmp
envd.action2 envd.action5 hsperfdata_root swagent.log
swmodtmp xml_index_file.data
$
$ bdf .
Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on
/dev/vg00/lvol8 4710400 436048 4241472 9% /var
$
This is my configure :
export CONFIG_SITE=
# export CC="cc -Ac +DA2.0W -Wp,-H16376 -D_CLASSIC_TYPES -D_HPUX_SOURCE"
export CC="gcc -mpa-risc-2-0 -D_CLASSIC_TYPES -D_HPUX_SOURCE -DHPUX"
export PATH=.:/usr/local/bin:$PATH
rm -rf /bosix/tools/build
mkdir /bosix/tools/build
cd /bosix/tools/build
../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.4.2 --with-gnu-as --with-as=/usr/
local/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --enable-sh
ared --host=hppa64-hp-hpux11.11 --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++,java
--enable-libgcj --enable-java-gc=boehm --enable-th
reads=posix --disable-checking
gmake bootstrap-lean
I've got the same error at the same place with gcc-3.4.3
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hervé