RE: How does the gcc -g option affect performance?

Vishnu Mahadevan Menon wrote on Donnerstag, 3. März 2005 16:18

> Lets say we remove all the debug information using
> elfutil's strip. Does the above imply that the
> stripped version will as good as a binary produced
> *without* using -g?

Not the same, anyway.

The binary produced with the -g debugging flag, and then stripped will have no symbols; whereas the binary produced without the -g flag will.

Cheers,
Srikanth Madani