GCC 3.4.3 Problem

I am using GCC to compile code for an arm-elf target, and have recently
changed from GCC 3.2.1 to GCC 3.4.3.  GCC is now generating a stack frame
that is about 14KB larger in one of my functions.  I have examined the code
carefully, and cannot see why this is so.

With GCC 3.2.1, the stack frame was about 1800 bytes.  With GCC 3.4.3, the
stack frame is now > 16KB.  Same source code.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?  I compiled the code with the '-v
-save-temps' option and examined the assembly code.  I cannot see where the
code even accesses any of the extra stack frame area.  Is there a compiler
option to generate a function stack map?

Thanks.
Jay