Re: Advice about using SIMD extensions

In the example above, it's not only register allocation, but also
scheduling.  The data needs to be loaded from memory, and how that
happens can affect performance quite a bit.

And yeah, I can't understand how 8.1 could get decent performance
without instruction scheduling... but maybe I'm stuck in my own little
RISC processing world (the (toy) compilers I have written have been
for SPARC and MIPS), and I just don't understand enough about how the
pentium works.

  Brian