This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Arm - Linux - Gcc


Erich Wenger wrote:

Hi!

I have a gcc compiler for an ARM Processor, but this doen't work under cygwin.
Somebody told me that I should build a "toolchain", but I don't know how to do.
So I need a short introduction in how to make a toolchain and generate a version of
gcc for my cygwin.


Thanks a lot!
Erich Wenger



I recently wrote up a document that walks a Win32 user through the steps needed to install Cygwin, GCC, and other utilities used to develop embedded software. This may not be appropriate for this list in the strictest sense, but I feel that it has some good info for the people who read it. Much of the document is actually platform neutral.


I'll be writing a follow up article (hopefully soon) on using these tools to develop and deploy a "Hello World" program to an embedded target using GCC/GDB.

The article is located at:
http://www.brianrose.net/columns/CrossToolsWin32.html

Feel free to drop me any comments or critiques.

--

Brian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]