Re: Weird optimization bug...?

"Adrian Bentley" <adruab@voria.com> writes:

> Heheh, ok, so the bug I posted for gcc didn't seem to be received very well
> (I was really trying to be polite and not confuse people).  Any suggestions
> on bug posting technique, so they will be usefully received in the future?

I dunno, from my perspective I think the bug was received reasonably
well.  People told you that your code relied on undefined behaviour.
I can see that that is not the best answer from your perspective, but
to me it does not seem like an unreasonable answer.

If you would like a specific warning, then present a specific case of
code which is undefined, and suggest what warning it should issue.
Also indicate which warning options you tried; for example, did you
try -Wstrict-aliasing?

Ian