This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: visibility attribute not supported?!


Jeremy Kolb <jkolb@brandeis.edu> writes:

> Yeah It's stock fsf gcc. The distro I use is Sourcemage and it downloads
> from gcc directly from the gnu site (and it's md5 verified).  The thing
> is this has only happened to a few people and not the rest, we don't
> know why.

As near as I can tell, gcc should build with visibility support iff
    you are using gnu ld.

Since you are running linux, I can't imagine you might be using
    anything else. So I suspect a bug somewheres. When you file a bug
    report, you should include the output of ld --version, gcc
    --version, and uname -a, in addition to the info requested at
    gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html .

I suppose you could reconfigure and rebuild gcc, adding --with-gnu-ld
    to your configure arguments, but it seems a bug that that should
    be necessary on a platform where SFAIK only gnu ld is available.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]