This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Redirecting compiler output


Dr. Germund Höjer wrote:

I cannot get g77 and gcc to redirect compiler messages to a text file.
The line

g77 code.f > report.txt

Have you tried redirect the stderr output? Try g77 0code.f > report.txt 2>&1. Some information would be send to stderr.


Good luck.

Liguo (Leo)



only creates a file report.txt of zero lenght and any error or warning messages from the compiler only scroll by on the screen. I get the same behaviour working in KDE graphic mode and in plain text mode (SuSE Linux 8.1) with various versions of gcc. I am using 3.3.2 now.
And the same happens with gcc 3.2.2 running under MinGW/Windows98 so I doubt it is an OS problem.


I have not found any clue in the gcc manuals.

Best regards



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]