This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Some questions about IA64 cross compiler and possible RPM spec
- From: Al Stone <ahs3 at fc dot hp dot com>
- To: "Lew Newby Jr." <lnewby at cadence dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:42:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: Some questions about IA64 cross compiler and possible RPM spec
- Organization: Hewlett-Packard
- References: <EB1B86A07B23884D99B4946D431EC5F7012DCC50@exmbx03sj.Cadence.COM>
- Reply-to: ahs3 at fc dot hp dot com
...from the shameless advertising division....
It's a lot easier on Debian. You can see what has been done
with Debian by visiting:
http://www.cpad.pucrs.br/pub/docs/cross-compiler.pdf
Or searching through the Gelato site at:
http://www.gelato.org
Or checking out the Debian toolchain packages that will
build the whole shootin' match for you.
I _think_ there's some folks there working on spec files
through Gelato, too, so you might want to search their
mailing lists. A quick google also turned up about 1100
hits that might be of help.
You may also want to start from the spec files that Red Hat
ships with their compilers. I suspect it's a lot easier to
modify those than start from scratch.
Sorry this doesn't answer the question directly, but I
hope it helps nonetheless....
On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 09:10, Lew Newby Jr. wrote:
> Hello folks,
> Ok, I have gotten a gcc-3.2.3 i386-linux --> ia64-linux cross
> compiler built and it works fine using binutils-2.14, and glibc-2.2.4
> with linuxthreads. I have a script that does this very nicely based off
> of some of the original scripts from the crossgcc FAQ.
>
> First question is this. Has anyone put together an RPM Spec file to
> package this up into an RPM?
>
> Second, what is the minimum include and library files I would need?
> Currently I am using a very large set to build this.
>
> I am a sys admin and not a developer so my background doesn't aid me too
> much in this but the company I am working for is using the Xcompiler to
> create product for the IA64 platform from large i386 build farms rather
> than spending mega$ on IA64 systems. I would like to be able to install
> this as an RPM package and be able to actually manage it when changes
> are needed.
>
> Lew Newby Jr.
> Sr. Linux Architect
> SACC Inc.
> Office: (740)454-8778
> Fax: (740)454-8778
> Mobile: (740)819-1615
--
Ciao,
al
----------------------------
Al Stone
Linux & Open Source Lab
Hewlett-Packard Company
Phone: 970-898-0345
Telnet: 898-0345
Fax: 970-898-3804
E-mail: ahs3@fc.hp.com
----------------------------