This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Implementation of read() under Linux


"Vineet Joglekar" <vintya@excite.com> writes:

> For my project, I need to trace the read() function call till the
> VFS level. I know that read() makes the kernel invoke sys_read() and
> I want to do the same thing with some additional
> functionalities. Can i get the implementation of the read() function
> in gcc source code (maybe in the source file like unistd.c) so that
> on the parallel lines I will be able to write my own my_read()
> function which in turn will call the sys_read() too?

read() is a library routine which is not provided by gcc.  On
GNU/Linux systems, it is provided by glibc.  See
http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]