This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

4 Byte alignment of char arrays for h8300-elf-gcc


Hello,

I use the h8300-elf-gcc to build eCos for Renesas EDOSK-2674 board. eCos
requires that char arrays are aligned to a 4 Byte boundary. This can be done
for application char arrays in this way: __attribute__ ((aligned (4)));

But the char arrays are inside the eCos source code and therefore a compiler
flag is required in order to change gcc default behaviour. I carefully read
the documentation for the h8300-elf-gcc but I could not found such a flag
that forces h8300-elf-gcc to align char arrays to a 4 Byte boundary.

Does someone know if it is possible to change the behaviour of the
h8300-elf-gcc in a way that it will align char arrays to a 4 byte boundary?

Thank you very much

Regards, Uwe

eCos port for Renesas EDOSK-2674
http://www.htwm.de/ukindler/ecos


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]