This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
Claudio, Thanks for your help. I was able to fix the bug realizing that the problem was passing a temporary to a function that requires a non-const reference. --- Claudio Bley <bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote: > I'm almost certain you were just too lazy... ;-) I wish that were so :). Since I thought it was a problem with templates, my test case didn't include other parameters. Seems as though a lot of misdirection played a part here. > You can't pass a temporary object to a function as a non-const > reference. (Btw, what is msft c++ and does it accept this code?) Microsoft C++. Visual Studio.NET 2003. Yeah, accepted this code without any complaint. Thanks Again, David J. Sankel
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |