This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc download


On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:41:38PM +0200, Shalom Berman wrote:
> Hi

Hello.

> I am a C++ beginer looking for gcc for window instalation. I found a site
> that the download is by ftp but I can't download it i need http download.

I don't know what site you found but the GCC team does not provide binary 
packages for your platform. So, this is not the right place to ask for such
things. But the GCC homepage lists these resources for the Microsoft Windows
platform (http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html):

* Cygwin  http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
* MinGW   http://www.mingw.org/

Both of these provide http mirrors of their downloads. Cygwin uses a setup
program which automatically retrieves and installs the requested packages.
Note, that you need to specify GCC explicitely as it is not part of the
default Cygwin installation.

If you need a C/C++ compiler for DOS, then just have a look at DJGPP
(http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/). There are also a few http mirrors available
to download from.

There is also a IDE called Dev-C++ (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html)
which uses the MinGW port of GCC available for free (GPL).

HTH
-- 
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X 
http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bley/                     & vCards / \


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]