How to get GCC to compile to binary, but in raw format NOT object

Hi,

I want to be able to compile a C function to binary using GCC, but not in
object format (.o) with it's associated bagagge.  I'd rather a 'raw' binary
which contains just the code (and maybe some constants) that is compile.  I
do not want to use this file to link this code into an executable in order
to run it, I want to be able to store it in a file, load it into memory
dynamically and then execute it when it is needed, perhaps discarding it
when it is no longer needed.

Is there an option to do this?

Regards,

Steve