Re: Static library for gcc compiling

Matthias David Siebler wrote:
It is possible to have a program that is otherwise linked statically to be linked with libdl.so.

Andy:

could you maybe give me an example of how to do this? It would be helpful for me with a problem I'm trying to olve now. Thanks

Sure. I wanted to make a binary with the libstdc++ to be static, so my libs looked like:

-lposix4 -lsocket -lgen -lnsl -ldl -lthread -Xlinker -B -Xlinker static -lstdc++

Hope this helps,

Andy