This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need help with dynamic_cast across shared libraries with gcc 3.2.3.
- From: Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay at adobe dot com>
- To: "Yuly Novikov" <novikov_yuly at hotmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: novikov_yuly at hotmail dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:06:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: Need help with dynamic_cast across shared libraries with gcc 3.2.3.
 This will be NULL if the Base class instance is not of the derived type, and the derived pointer type otherwise -- by CONVENTION (and due diligence!). The Base class doesn't actually KNOW anything about the methods that the other class supports (it doesn't even know, nor need to know, that the Derived class is derived from the Base class). A forward declaration that the class exists "somewhere" is sufficient to specify the pointer.