This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: static libgcc license?
- From: John Love-Jensen <eljay at adobe dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <aspirin at ntlworld dot com>, <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:00:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: static libgcc license?
>> The libgcc is not GPL, it is LGPL.
>This is not correct.
I stand corrected.
>> The libgcc is LGPL.
>I don't know where you got this idea from.
As mentioned, as per my understanding (and that I'm not a lawyer). In this
case, my misunderstanding. My understanding goes back to what I recall as
the reason for the creation of the LGPL so that people wouldn't be dissuaded
from using the libraries with GCC (in particular) to create proprietary
Now I'm informed that libgcc is GPL with run-time exception.
(I appreciate the correction.)