Re: gcc 3.3 and ld ERROR _Unwind_Resume_or_Rethrow@GCC_3.3 problem

Oliver.Kellogg@t-online.de (Oliver Kellogg) writes:

> Lucian,
>
> Apparently your search has not found my further postings,
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2003-06/msg00097.html
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2003-06/msg00100.html

Thank you. I couldn't find those posting either, and I tried several
    keywords on both google's advanced search and the htDig on gcc's
    website.

> To recap, the problem happens when more than one version of
> libgcc_s.so is installed on your system. It may then happen
> that ld is seeing the wrong version first. I.e. it has to do
> with the order in which system libraries are searched for.
[snip]

I got the impression that perhaps Lucian had installed more than one
    version of gcc with --prefix=/usr . So it may be that libgcc_s.so
    was overwritten. If this is the case, he will probably have to
    re-install the appropriate binary package for the gcc version he
    wants, with what ever optioons are necessary to force apt to
    install a package supposedly already installed and overwrite
    existing files.