need help

Hi
I'm porting GCC for a 16-bit target (i.e. the register size and memory operands are 16-bit). In the target header file, I've given
#define INT_TYPE_SIZE 16
#define LONG_TYPE_SIZE 16, etc

My issue is that, for immediate operands greater than 16-bits, my ported compiler is giving "DImode" i.e. 8 bytes.

For example, the below C statement

int i=sizeof(0x10000);

produces assembly which assigns 8 to i. BUT, i'm expecting 2 to be assigned for i. What should I do to make my ported compiler treat immediate values greater than 16-bits as HImode operand?

with regards
robert

Click below to experience Sooraj Barjatya's latest offering
'Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon' starring Hrithik Roshan,
Abhishek Bachchan & Kareena Kapoor http://www.mpkdh.com