Re: procbuf.h no longer supported?

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 10:43, John Love-Jensen wrote:

> They are NOT ANSI compliant.  If your code is intended to be ANSI compliant
> or ANSI portable, I would not use popen/pclose.

ANSI compliant would probably be a good thing. What solution is ansi
compliant?

> Depends on what you are trying to do, what your target platforms are, if you
> intend to distribute your code and/or binary executables, and which version
> of GCC you are using.

Basically, we want to scan the files in a given directory without using
some native unix/linux commands so as not to tie it too directly to the
platform because eventually (not necessarily in the near future) this
could be ported to Windows. I'm using gcc v3.2.2.

Justin