Re: How to compile a glibc without c++ exception handling?

Ichiro Barnes <glibcnoobie@yahoo.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I am building a i386 linux/arm linux cross compilation
> environment, but my dynamically linked executables
> fail to run on the target due to undefined symbols
> such as 'register_frame_info'.
>
> I understand that the cause of this is that the glibc
> I built is inserting references to c++ exception
> handling routines in my c code, but that the glibc
> running on my target wasn't built with those symbols
> defined.

Here's a long shot, but it's easy to check: Maybe that isn't your
    problem. Maybe you need to pass -fno-exceptions to g++ .

> Now for what is no doubt a blazingly newbie question:
> how can I build a glibc that doesn't insert those
> references?

That I don't know. Try asking bug-glibc at gnu.org . (According to
    www.gnu.org/software/libc that's also where to send general inquiries
    about glibc.)